Your Boutique Multi-Platform Media Arts Shop
Erie Looking Productions is based in Ashtabula, Ohio. We are a boutique multi-platform media arts shop available for contract work. From work in LaTeX2e to audio production to video editing, we provide unique solutions for you. Examples of audio works we have created can be found online at the Internet Archive.
Services we offer on a generally commercial basis include:
- Audio editing
- Radio ad production and placement
- Audio production
- Contract podcast production
- Limited music recording for release
- Single-camera video recording of events
- Radio airtime brokerage
- Systems analysis in conjunction with South Shore Microphones
- Non-credit teaching using Saylor Academy curricula
- In-person test proctoring
- Print media production using LaTeX2e
- Referral to other appropriate vendors as necessary
- Book collection analysis and purchasing recommendations
- Limited IT consulting to include Linux desktop setup
Works in Progress
We have a variety of matters that are works in progress before us. Those include:
- Development of a short film concerning an Internet outage in the Pacific
- Development of a short film about all the churches in the Ashtabula area that are closing or have buildings up for sale
- Finishing an artsy short film for the Dam Short Film Festival about views on perspective
- Re-work of other short film efforts for later submission to appropriate film festivals
- Development of new podcasting projects as well as development of audiovisual streaming using OBS Studio
- Continued experimentation in optimal Over The Air television receiver systems design
Over The Air Reception
We have been experimenting with various styles of receiving television signals. With the recent "channel repack" the landscape has changed a bit as to what we now can receive. Displayed channel numbers on a television screen for Over The Air stations don't necessarily have to match the actual RF channels in use.
An example of some Over The Air reception as seen from WSEE 35.3 ENN+ out of Erie, Pennsylvania.
An example of current Over The Air reception.
This works helps us explain to clients the engineering limits of our constantly changing over-the-air television broadcast environment.
KCRW 7th Radio Race (2019)
We had the opportunity to participate in the KCRW Radio Race which is part of the station's Independent Producer Project. The submitted piece was entitled: "When Local Media Isn't Truly Local". The track is available for download from SoundCloud for listening. We didn't win but were happy to have the chance to participate with a submission that certainly did not simply fit the mold the rest of the pack did.
A view of the track in the SoundCloud interface.
We look forward to next year's competition.
Our Head Writer, Stephen Michael Kellat, is also generally writing various fiction pieces. Submissions will eventually take place to appropriate outlets. This is a continuing challenge.
Micrographics & Printing Presses
A continuing research effort on our part is to look at venturing into the creation of microfilm works as well as establishing our own small press. Our local media environment is growing darker. We are looking for ways to keep the light of knowledge lit. This is a continuing challenge to us.
To Reach Us
For more information as well as price quotes, please contact us via Telegram or via Skype. We can also be found on Liberapay if you wish to support us on a sustaining basis for continuing efforts. Our rather secondary presence on Facebook can be found at https://www.facebook.com/erielooking/ and we generally prefer to operate outside the hegemonic realm of the House of Zuckerberg.